VidyaGirls.com is covering this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo by posting daily summaries, with links to major the announcements.
Today’s pre-show briefing announcements are:
The Wii U controller won’t suck!
(Actually, the Pro Controller looks pretty awesome.)
Nintendo’s Pre-E3 Video
Daniel Kaszor was rocking the coverage and gathered these upcoming releases, with notes, for the Xbox 360:
- Story will have old and new enemies.
- Master Chief has to save a crashed Earth ship from the forerunners.
- Will have “smart glass” integration with tablets and mobile phones.
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
- More action oriented.
- Will have Kinect integration to call in airstrikes or to distract guards.
- Kinect to change formations
- Real-life swears get penalties.
- Kinect to call plays on offence and defense
- Integrated with “smart glass” tablet and mobile
- More focus on off-road and street races
- Coming October 23
- Full live ESPN programming coming to Xbox
- Similar to Rdio, Spotify
- Works on Xbox, Windows 8, Mobile and Tablets
- Virtual trainer factors into gamified running and training
- Will integrate into a full community of Xbox Live and Nike+
- Use tablets and mobile phones in conjunction with things on screen
- Downloadable content coming first to Xbox 360
New IP from the show
- Ascend New Gods (Like God of War)
- Loco Cycle (very little information on this)
- Matter by Gore Verbinski
Resident Evil 6
- More action oriented than before
- Many quick-time events
South Park: The Stick of Truth RPG
- Took a long time to get the crappy look
- You play as a self created South Park avatar
Dance Central 3
- Usher involved in dance choreography
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
- Will have exclusive timed content for Xbox
- Based around the idea of near future drone warfare and those drones getting hacked
You can check out the rest of his coverage here.
Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures
Vanguard Saga of Heroes
E3 2012 – Day 1
AnimeNEXT Convention Coverage